Honda June 2019 US Sales. American Honda announces June 2018 U.S. Sales Results. With another month of sales near 30,000 units, Civic maintained its grip on the compact car segment, even as new or renewed competitors come to market. Honda trucks and electrified vehicles also exhibited sales strength in June.
- Sales of Honda trucks were strong in June, with Ridgeline gaining 5%.
- CR-V exceeding 30,000 deliveries, and both Passport and Pilot finishing at high levels
- Honda Civic maintains compact segment sales leadership with nearly 30,000 units sold in June
- Refreshed 2019 Acura ILX sales jump 42% in June, strengthening its position near the top of its segment
“With about 25 percent retail market share, the Honda Civic continues to be the benchmark vehicle in the compact segment,” said Henio Arcangeli, Jr. senior vice president of Automobile Sales at American Honda Motor Co. “For Acura, RDX continues to deliver solid results, remaining the retail sales leader in the most competitive segment in the luxury market.“
- CR-V and Civic continued to lead Honda sales, with CR-V topping 30,000 units and Civic nearly reaching the same benchmark.
- Pilot also posted a strong month on sales of 11,579 units, Ridgeline gained 5% on sales of 2,761 units, 3,385 Passports were delivered, and Odyssey led all minivans on sales of 9,202.
- Electrified vehicle sales again topped 5,500 for the month, with Insight and Accord Hybrid both posting retail sales of more than 2,000 units.
Civic continues to set itself apart as the runaway retail best-selling car in America three-and-a-half years running, with refreshed Hatchback, Si and Type R models coming soon.
Light truck leadership: CR-V is the #1 SUV in America, Pilot and HR-V are retail #2 in their respective segments and Odyssey is the #1 minivan in America.
Acura ILX continued to gain strength since its refresh with a strong showing in June, helping to strengthen its position near the top of its segment. MDX also gained for the month and RDX continues to lead the compact luxury SUV segment in retail sales for the year.
- Sales of Acura’s gateway luxury sport sedan, the ILX, jumped 41.7% on sales of 1,312 units in June.
- MDX sales were up 5% for the month with 4,087 units delivered, while RDX posted another strong month with 4,868 units sold.
early 99% of all Acuras sold in the U.S. are made in America – five of six Acura models are built in Ohio — topping all but one luxury brand.
Building on an all-time annual sales record in 2018, Acura light-truck momentum continues, with RDX and MDX combining for a double-digit sales gain this year.
title : American Honda announces June 2018 U.S. Sales Results
updated : July 2nd, 2019
updated_iso8601 : 2019-07-02T14:53:02-04:00